At the Allard Pierson Museum guided tours are given by archaeologists and students of archaeology.
You can choose from a number of different options:
• Highlights of the permanent collection
• A tour of a temporary exhibition (the next temporary exhibition opens in spring 2019)
• A tour of the Egyptian department (this department is currently closed due to renovation works)
• A tour of the Greek and the Romans departments (the Greek department currently only consists of the Hellenistic area due to renovation works)
• A tour of the museum’s unique collection of plaster casts of famous ancient statues (only available with guide!)
• A personalized tour (several options available, please contact us for more information)
Guided tours last either 1 or 1,5 hours and the maximum number of people per guide is 15 (this includes students as well as teachers/supervisors). Available languages: Dutch and English.
• Weekdays: €85 for 1 hour and €122,50 for 1,5 hours
• Weekends: €95 for 1 hour and €132,50 for 1,5 hours
These prices include a surcharge of €10 for English language tours. Should you wish to get a tour in Dutch, please click here .
For school groups this fee is €2,50 per person (this includes teachers/supervisors). Owners of Museum Cards can have their card scanned at the reception desk, this will allow for a deduction of the entrance fee on the total amount to be paid.
When booking a guided tour there is also an entrance fee required. For adults this fee is €7,50 per person if the group is larger than 10 people, otherwise it is €10 per person. Owners of Museum Cards can have their card scanned at the reception desk, this will allow for a deduction of the entrance fee on the total amount to be paid.